WELCOME TO RICHVILLE UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
Richville United Church of Christ is a fellowship of Christian people from all walks of life. For over 175 years, its mission has been to provide Christian leadership, spiritual guidance and comfort to the people of the community. Its history is closely woven with the history of the Richville area and other surrounding communities.
As a fellowship of believers, we are dedicated to furthering the basic principles of the Christian faith.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired gift of God, giving guidance for our faith and practice.We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God through whom we have forgiveness of sins and the hope of eternal life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God through whom we have forgiveness of sins and the hope of eternal life.
- We believe that we are called to Christ to cultivate Christian love and to work for the establishment of peace and justice.
- We believe that we are called to support one another in Christian love, to serve the needs of the community and to support the mission and work of the United Church of Christ both locally and world wide.
A CHURCH FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
We have covenanted together to provide a place of worship and study and to be a loving, caring, and serving fellowship. Our mission is to provide worship, Christian education and fellowship for people of all ages and to serve the concerns of the whole family and the community. Our ministries include:
- Sunday Morning Worship (including nursery care and children’s worship)
- Sunday School (including Confirmation 1 & 2 classes, Sunday School and Adult Discussion Groups)
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Study
- Kids' Chorus Children's Music Ministry
- Fellowship Groups for all ages from children (COGs, or Children of God) to seniors (Golden Charms)
OUR COMMUNITY MISSION & SERVICE
In addition to its ministry to members and their families, the mission or Richville United Church of Christ focuses on meeting the needs of the community at large. Some of our ministries of outreach include:
- Food collection for the PHP Food Pantry
- Participation for Habitat for Humanity
- Monthly dinners (served by out Outreach Committee) at the Family Living Center
- An annual Fall Festival and Dinner
- Support of Church World Service Hunger Relief Programs